FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our Guimarães office is located in this beautiful and historic city, often described as the 'birthplace of Portugal'. This is where our European Production team is based, in a custom-built office and studio facility which has a games room, music area and unbeatable chill out zone with a hammock that fits up to 20 people!
Reporting to the Styling Editor, a Deputy Styling Editor approves men's or womenswear imagery for the website from a styling POV, giving daily styling direction and approving all women's outfits, improving styling guidelines, and training the team with on-set techniques and guide the team to find Help Needs to have editorial and ecommerce experience in luxury.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will approve all looks from stylists within the team through conducting rail checks;
- Develop the in-house styling team; support them regarding research for styling, execution on set and overall stylist ability;
- Report to manager on the performance and development of the stylists;
- Increase quality of styling through constructive feedback, coaching and ability to inspire the team.
- Decrease the level of styling reshoots to 0.5% this season;
- Support and understand all quality goals set by Creative Services department to develop high-quality imagery and feedback on model's performance weekly to Model Producer;
- Aspecialist advisor that will advise on all styling attributes - proportions, silhouettes, Brand DNA, shoe& accessory choice and overall execution on set. Guidance on how to direct model posing;
- Outline any potential styling needs to manager for the team and own individual performance;
- Support stylists to the highest quality looks that reflect the standards we have set through Guidelines;
- Support on Brand launches, specialist areas of training and maintenance of quality output;
- Aligned with current styling goals for the season and focused guidance around these;
- Provide quality control, constructive feedback to stylists on reshoots and improvements;
- Support Live Model Studios Manager and EU Styling Editor on quality output for the season;
- Ensure team Indicator's and targets are established and met daily;
- Contribute to creative styling meetings and creative project contribution; with peers and the wider business.
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledge of menswear or womenswear trends, designers' brands and the luxury fashion market;
- 6+ years styling experience within menswear/womenswear editorial, personnel shopping, visual merchandising, retail or e-commerce experiences;
- Styling and art direction experience; ability to direct models and guide on-set teams;
- Ability to commercially translate product with the luxury customer in mind;
- Sound photography knowledge to ensure guidelines are correctly performed;
- Autonomous and confident in own styling ability; have a broad range of styling skills over different categories of product;
- Understanding of a production chain and Indicators;
- Advanced level of English.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Through your application, we want to understand the skills and experiences you have that make you the perfect fit for this role and for FARFETCH. We’re passionate about creating the conditions for Farfetchers to grow and develop but we’re also looking for people who can hit the ground running, so make sure to apply for a position where you feel you can thrive.