Join a Market LeaderHovione is a 60 years Portuguese multinational company. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) offering from drug substance to drug product intermediate to drug product.Hovione recognizes that people are the main asset for the company’s continued success, reaching over 1900 team members, from 35 different nationalities located in Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland, including 4 production sites.Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients.
PAT Scientist (M/F)
The PAT Scientist will provide technical leadership and coordination in the development and implementation of process analytical technology (PAT) tools to increase knowledge and to monitor and control manufacturing processes from their development in R&D to commercial manufacturing. The PAT scientist will work in multidisciplinary teams while ensuring optimal execution, customer satisfaction and achieving agreed objectives. The PAT scientist will also continuously promote innovation and knowledge development within the company keeping up to date with the latest developments in PAT. Furthermore, he or she will promote the company globally through presentations at international conferences and to customers, and through patents and written articles.You will be responsible for:
- Provide scientific and technical support (analytical and statistical) to Operational teams in the context of PAT tools implementation and life-cycle management for process control, process safety, cost and product quality optimization;
- Support Operational teams on successful implementation of methodologies and tools, promoting appropriate training and providing technical coaching in daily application;
- Prepare and review relevant PAT documentation, in line with both internal and external policies and procedures;
- Develop new tools and methodologies for state-of-the-art application of PAT;
- Provide scientific and technical support for key stakeholders within the company;
- Comply with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HSEE directives;
- Keep updated of relevant occurrences and trends that impact the business;
- Promote strategic liaison with specific external providers (industrial, academia, associations and regulators).
We are looking to recruit:
- A Candidate with a M.Sc. degree in the field of Engineering, Science or Pharmacy, preferable in Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science.
- Someone with 4 years of relevant work experience and/or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field;
- A Candidate with an analytical thinking with and strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Someone with knowledge in Statistical Modeling will be valued;
- Someone with knowledge of state-of-the-art PAT tools will be valued;
- Someone with knowledge of GMP will be valued;
- Someone with knowledge in Statistical Process Control will be valued;
- Someone with cesult-driven, able to deal with multiple tasks;
- Someone with capable of taking short notice decisions with incomplete datasets/information and operating under pressure;
- A Candidate fluent use of English (written and spoken);
- A Candidate with good communication and reporting skills and with teamwork ability;
- Someone available to travel abroad to support all manufacturing sites.
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity EmployerInclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.