Kaseya is seeking a self-driven, motivated Database Architect with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to join our Database Operations team that is passionate about delivering cost effective world class software and services.
The stack of our VSA product is the following. A SQL Server backend DB server SQL 2014/2016 Web Edition) and a Web/Application Front end. Both on Windows. The VSA application itself is REACT, Classic ASP and written mostly in C# and C++
They will work across all teams working on Infrastructure and Application issues for the VSA including schema/design issues, code issues, performance tuning and also work on improving the architecture.
Essential Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming and evaluating current systems.
- Develops database solutions by designing a proposed system, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintains database performance, stability and reliability by identifying and resolving production and application development problems.
- Working with Product Owners in prioritizing and decomposing work into actionable user stories for Database Administrators.
- Collaborate with DBAs, developers, and others to understand business, technical or industry requirements.
- Defining and implementing standards and best practices related to system architecture, deployments, metrics, and operational tasks
- Ensure project solutions are in accordance with Kaseyas strategic and business development objectives.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Keep up to date and evaluate new industry trends and assess applicability to the
- Educate fellow staff members through training and individual support.
- Participating in weekend maintenance when required
- Maintaining 24/7 uptime in business-critical environments
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar architecture role
- 6+ years of experience with installing, configuring, maintaining and tuning SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience working in Cloud Environments (AWS, Azure)
- Expert knowledge optimizing database performance, implementing best database system and security practices, and troubleshooting problems
- Excellent Database Design skills
- Understand enterprise application and infrastructure requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a distributed team environment and across multiple time zones.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to proactively take the initiative and work independently with little supervision, and also to be part of a collaborative team where ideas & skills are shared
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Microsoft SQL Server Certifications and AWS Certifications preferred but not essential
- Able to hit the ground running and a self-starter
- Pro-active planning and a 'can-do' attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and willingness to act as team player; sharing information willingly and accurately.