Headquarters: Durham, North Carolina Senior Software Engineer-Retain
Teamworks, the Operating System for Sports™, powers more than 6,000 sports organizations worldwide, including collegiate athletic departments and teams across all of the major professional leagues. With 300 exceptional employees in ten different countries, Teamworks’ software solutions drive the operations of the most recognizable sports properties in the world. Retain, Teamworks’ core academics & athlete development product, is a web platform used by collegiate athletics departments to track and engage student-athletes activities. The technology provides a centralized solution for advising and tutorial workflows while streamlining scheduling and communications between student-athletes, faculty, and athletic department staff.
This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to pioneer the next frontier in athlete support and to contribute to the continued rapid scaling of one of the fastest-growing companies in sports tech. Responsibilities:
- Develop server-side logic in Ruby on Rails and help with end-to-end validation.
- End-to-end validation during and after customer onboarding.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and improve the existing backend for web and mobile applications.
- DevOps deployment of backend, web, and mobile applications.
- Extensive experience working with large data sets with Ruby and familiarity with practical and stable back-end integration techniques.
- Ability to create new back-end components.
- Ability to write and maintain reliable Ruby (Rails) code and maintain APIs.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails and libraries like Sidekiq, Twilio, and Devise.
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, including Git.
- Familiarity with RESTful and working with third-party APIs.
- Good understanding of front-end technologies, including Stimulus JS, ES6, and CSS3.
- Familiarity with testing tools.
- Knowledge of Mobile development experience.
- Familiarity with project management tools like JIRA or Monday.
What we offer:
- AWS Lambda
- Turbolinks / Hotwire
- A role in shaping the future of sports, and a career that grows as the company grows.
- An exceptional culture of high achievement and teamwork.
- Supportive and humble colleagues who are some of the top problem solvers and innovators in the game.
- Financial security through competitive compensation and incentives.
- A comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401K with match.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Company equity.
- 100% remote work.
- Additional educational opportunities via Range that employees can use for courses, conferences, and other options.
Founded in 2006, Teamworks started out as a messaging platform supporting collegiate football teams. Since then, we have raised five institutional rounds of funding totaling over $165M. Our B2B SaaS product offerings have grown to solve complex operational workflows involving communications, scheduling, data collection, rules compliance, and other issues specific to elite athletics. In addition to providing the premier operations platform serving the sports industry, we’ve also built or acquired the top solutions for Athlete Academic success (Retain), Alumni Engagement (Communities), Athlete Experience (Pulse), Compliance Services (ARMS), Name, Image, and Likeness (INFLCR), Sports Performance & Nutrition (Notemeal), Recruiting (Whistle), and Human Performance (Smartabase). Our product suite continues to grow, and we are the preeminent tech provider serving top-tier athletic organizations. Our offices in Durham, NC, Brisbane, AUS, Reading, UK, Birmingham, AL, Broomfield, CO, Boston, MA and Richmond, VA are open for work, collaboration, and optional team-building events – but we have team members who live in Washington, Florida, New York, and everywhere in between. Attendance is 100% optional, even for team members who live right down the road. Teamworks is an equal opportunity employer - if you live our core values every day and are honest, hardworking, humble, committed, innovative, and an exceptional all-around person, you'll thrive at Teamworks. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and take affirmative action not to discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and training. Teamworks is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected]mworks.com. To all recruitment agencies: Teamworks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Teamwork employees, or any other organization location. Teamworks is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/teamworks-senior-full-stack-engineer