To secure the smooth operation of our highly available e-mail platforms for WEB.DE, GMX and mail.com used by millions of people every day, the team Mail Applications is looking for a motivated Linux adept. You can expect a unique setting – in dimension and challenge – and an agile environment that is open for technical innovations. You’ll be part of a motivated team with enthusiasm for IT and creative modern solutions.
- Together with the team you’ll operate our Linux servers ensuring their smooth operation and their further development.
- Besides the administration, the planning and steering of sub-projects will be part of your responsibility. Thus you’ll be involved into strategic decision processes.
- With a strong target orientation you’ll analyze, document and resolve technical problems and create concepts and action plans.
- You’re the competent technical contact for other departments and actively contribute your technical expertise in software development, project- and product management.
Your educational background is a university degree in computer science or a comparable level of professional education, or you’re just an enthusiastic Linux professional. Additionally, you have first professional experience as system administrator/engineer of heterogeneous Linux systems.
- You have experience with Debian based Linux distributions and know the standard TCP/IP network services and protocols.
- The operation, set-up and the scaling of highly available web applications (e. g. Apache web server, Apache Tomcat) as well as automation (Puppet, Ansible) and monitoring (Icinga, Prometheus, Grafana) is easy for you.
- We imply basic knowledge in programming and script languages (e.g. Bash, Python). Additionally you master the handling of databases (MySQL, NoSQL). Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, GoCD, F5 BigIP, BGP, Cassandra, Graphite, InfluxDB, Redis an ELK would be desirable.
- You have been able to gain first experiences with the creation of concepts and strategies; in doing so, you are characterzed by a structured and self-dependent working mode.
- You like working in an agile environment (Kanban, Scrum). Good English skills in written and spoken complete your profile.
Reference ID: KA-AxHo-1810013