We are looking for a full-stack developer to work on the Avaloq UI framework, which powers more than 60 internal development modules and our customers’ and partners’ development projects. The framework is a stack of components & tools, all built in-house atop a foundation of open industry standard technologies (ES6, AngularJS, npm, SASS, Java-based REST services). It includes a full-featured UI widget set, development-time tools, a run-time container for managing functional separation, communication, security, and configuration.
- You will join the well-established WEBCOAT team (WEB COmponents And Tools). This team is fully committed to the Scrum methodology and you will be an important member. The team develops and improves the UI Framework used in all of Avaloq’s web solutions, and supports the community of developers that use it.
- Your focus will be on the full-stack integration of the framework. Your role will include the integration of the client-side and server-side components, integration of authentication and security concerns, and integration into our various products.
- You will participate in the full life-cycle of the framework: from the inception and design, to the implementation, to the refactoring and maintenance of the code.
- You will also communicate with and support internal and external developers, ux specialists, and operational engineers. These tasks, and the related documentation, are shared across the team.
- You will contribute to the team’s testing strategy. We are fully committed to writing testable code and continually improve our integration, performance, and end-to-end testing.
EducationA relevant university degree, or equivalent experience
Professional RequirementsWe are looking for someone who enjoys and is good at fitting all the pieces of a puzzle together. As well, you should understand agile methodologies and practices and thrive in environments that follow them.You have:
- Experience developing with Java
- A good understanding of and/or interest in HTML 5, CSS, browser APIs
- Experience with in-browser debugging
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with RESTful architecture
Ideally, you also have experience with and/or interest in:
- Test-driven development
- Browser performance tuning
- Browser security
- Build tools (npm, grunt, maven, gradle)
- Experience with containerisation and microservice technologies
Main Place of WorkZurichContactAvaloq SwitzerlandTauscher AlinaApply online.Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.