As a Barclays Python Developer, you will be part of the Market Risk team. In your new role you will participate in the FRTB projects as part of Barclays regulatory commitments. You will support the Business analysts and Business users with the tolls design, build and work directly with the Market risk developers. You will be part of a dynamic Market risk environment, where you have opportunity and space for your ideas. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic candidates whom we can help to grow their careers.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.What will you be doing?
• Designing and building tools and solutions for viewing and analysing data, and results of the Market risk reporting measures
What we’re looking for:
- Working closely with developers to understand the implementation details and how to best utilise the outputs for the business users
- Preparing Demos, presentations and users manuals for the tools
- Following good processes and practices, as defined by the team standards, ensuring that documentation is complete, comprehensive and signed off
- Assisting with the prioritisation and planning of key deliverables
- Working in an agile manner whilst understanding the needs of planning and forecasting the overall delivery
- Working closely with Business and Technology teams across Barclays to define, analyse and implement changes
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Scientific discipline from a top university
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and make informed decisions
- Practical experience of project delivery
- Good time management, prioritisation and ability to meet deadlines
• Familiar with any functional language, e.g. F#, Scala, Haskell, Clojure
Where will you be working?
- Familiar with NoSQL database solutions, e.g. MongoDB
- Familiar with UI/ Web development
- Experience of working in an Investment Bank
Our Prague office is based in the financial centre of Prague. We are part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.