Looking to make a difference in the world?Are you interested in making dreams come true by helping create and protect healthy families? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment emphasizing personal initiative and collaboration? Then we’re looking for you!California Cryobank Life Sciences is worldwide leader in biotech/health services, focused on helping build and protect healthy families since 1977. Our Reproductive Division features the world’s largest sperm and egg donor programs, as well reproductive tissue storage services through our state-of-the-art bio-repository. Since 1977, our Reproductive Division has contributed to over 75,000 births.California Cryobank operates CBR (Cord Blood Registry), the #1 newborn stem cell cord blood/tissue processing and storage facility in the United States. CBR’s forward-thinking laboratory technicians, marketers, educators, and support staff are helping advance the science of newborn stem cells, while protecting over 800,000 stored stem cell units used to treat over 80 diseases with many more potential applications in the future.Our internal culture is friendly, team-oriented, and pet/kid-adoring, with regular company lunches and creative holiday celebrations, in addition to competitive compensation and benefits packages.Based in Los Angeles, California Cryobank Life Sciences maintains facilities in Los Angeles, Tucson, Los Altos, Spokane, Boston, Rockville and New York. We also have established international partnerships and/or joint ventures throughout Central America, South America, The Middle East, and Europe.We have an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our IT Team in West Los Angeles. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Research, design, document, configure and administer the following:
- Windows and Linux servers operating systems and services
- Active Directory authentication and Group Policy for multiple sites and hybrid cloud
- Hyper-V/VMware servers
- Secured network systems and maintain compatible security patches and best practices
- Event monitoring and alert automation for servers and services
- AWS, Azure, on premise hybrid environment
- SAN, DFS, and secure cloud storage
- Network security policies including firewalls, host and client access, file permissions, user accounts, proper documentation and notification for change control
- SQL, MySQL databases and database management tools
- Citrix infrastructure
- Centrally controlled enterprise antivirus system and ensure that all servers/workstations are protected.
- Windows-based IIS web services, associated databases, etc.
- Backup/recovery, business continuity and disaster recovery strategies for Windows/Linux systems, SQL, MySQL database services and associated IIS web/RDS services.
- Server hardware, peripherals, and equipment necessary to meet the company’s objectives.
- Network/Telecom cabling and equipment.
- Backup/Recovery process for Microsoft SharePoint.
- O365, Sharepoint online
- HIPAA and PCI compliance
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related area) preferred and five to eight years related experience and/or training in implementing and supporting large-scale Windows systems, configuring networking and security, and applying system patches, security fixes, etc. In addition, extensive knowledge of and experience with:
- Windows/Linux server-based technology platform with ability to architect solutions from a given requirement
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN and VLAN networking
- Implementing and managing vendor hardware/software support agreements
- Asset management software
- Windows Software Update Service
- Active Directory
- Installing, configuring and administering SQL databases and database management tools
- Configuring security, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and applying patches and fixes to SQL databases
- Backing up and recovering SQL databases using “Hot” and “Cold” back-up techniques, and understand the business continuity and disaster recovery technologies used with SQL databases
- Configuring, troubleshooting and resolving issues with Citrix
- Configuring, administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange/O365
- AWS, Azure build and administration
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Group health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Vacation and SWELL (Sick + Wellness!) Policies
- Paid holidays
- 401k Plan, including Company Match
- Education Assistance Program (up to $4,000 per year!)
- Public transportation/vanpool reimbursement (up to $150 per month)
- Family Today/Family Tomorrow Program, inc. Adoption and IVF Assistance
- On-site Massages!
- Casual Fridays!
- Fun employee events, including monthly lunches!
- On-site biweekly car wash available! (HQ)
- Flexible schedules (varies by department)
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount on cord blood banking with Cord Blood Registry
- Discount tickets (movies, theme parks, etc.)
No Phone Calls please. EOE.L.A. City: CA Cryobank will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance.