We are looking for a versatile Data Engineering specialist to develop, test and maintain database architectures from different sources and large-scale processing systems so that they can be leveraged to ultimately improve decision-making. You would be joining a talented team of analysts and data engineers who work closely together to provide actionable insights into marketing performance. Your mission: enable, facilitate and bridge from data to analytics.
What you will do
- Maintaining and troubleshooting 3rd party dataset integrations so that they can be easily used together with first-party data.
- Using a wide array of tools to automate the reporting of 3rd party data.
- Proactively participating in shaping the data architecture of marketing analytical tools.
- Working closely with analysts to enable the discovery of actionable insights and support decision making in Marketing.
- Caring about data quality and accuracy while taking responsibility for the delivery of unambiguous metrics.
- Innovating to extract information from unorthodox data sources like spreadsheets and weather forecasts with the same reliability of a database.
- Importing data in the existing Big Data Platform to enable the creation of a single source of truth to build the acquisition user journey.
- Creating the necessary tables and pipelines to ensure analysts can leverage those data in any analytical exercises.
We are looking for someone who
- Has experience on Big Data solutions and has spent at least 1-3 years in a similar role.
- Possesses practical experience with cloud based data engineering stacks (like Google Cloud, AWS).
- Has experience with BI tools (backend + frontend).
- Is a solid SQL coder.
- Has decent Linux shell scripting skills.
- Is familiar with API integrations.
- Is able to manipulate multiple data sets and prepare tables for easily digestible reports.
- Is an excellent communicator with top-notch team working skills who can tell analysts and marketers alike in layman terms what data fields translate.
- Is well-versed in Python, or open to learn with at least a background in a mainstream OO or Functional language.
- Is preferably experienced with solutions provided in Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery).
- Possesses knowledge of AWS Data Pipelines, S3, Hive, Spark.
Nice to have:
- Some knowledge of Google marketing digital products (GA, DCM, Adwords).
- Knowledge of machine learning methods and algorithms is a very nice addition.
- Previous experience in the ecommerce industry is a big plus.
- Exposure to data streaming technologies like Flink, Kafka, Kinesis.