Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
We are looking for an experienced UX designer who is willing to dive into our special domain and help to change the perception of data-heavy B2B tools. We work with scientists on a daily basis which is challenging and super exciting at the same time.
Over the last two years, our UX team has grown fast, now with four UX researchers and seven full-time UX and UI designers working on some truly inspiring complex projects. Our team spends most of its time in cross–functional product teams but we do have a horizontal operation where you can expect topics like design system, UX maturity, design principles, UX metrics, design patterns, accessibility, JTBD. Yes, we have a design system (Called Origin) with a dedicated team and we use Figma/Axure.
- Proactively increase UX maturity on the team level based on CXN maturity model
- Drive common understanding by clearly communicate design decisions and the reasoning behind them
- Drive consistent user experience by providing design deliverables (e.g.: High fidelity prototypes,UI screen designs /by using our design system/, user flow diagrams, developer handoff...)
- Drive cross-discipline ideation by facilitating workshops
- Drive idea validation by using different prototyping methods
- Support user research - together with user researchers - by emphasizing the importance of user needs, actively involving team members in research activities and making knowledge accessible by anyone.
- Support Design Operation activities on the horizontal level
- Support cross-collaboration by proactively involve internal stakeholders
- Support the product vision and business goals with UX strategy
You will be part of the team who is working on our most exciting and famous chemical drawing tool called Marvin. You can have a guess where the name comes from during our first call.
This is one of our core chemistry tools so you need to be open to deepen your understanding of the domain but we don’t expect you to have a deeper understanding at this point than what you picked up during your highschool studies.
The tool is all about interactions with chemical and graphical elements where the tiny details make the difference in users' perceived experience. One senior UX designer and two UX researchers will help you in your everyday work beside those developers who are already infected by the importance of UX. The team itself sits on the higher end of the UX maturity spectrum so you should expect strategic discussions with the Product Manager, constructive arguments with the developers and a lot of inputs from the researchers and domain experts.
- The ideal candidate will possess an energetic personality with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and patience.
- Candidate must be able to excel in a dynamic, hands-on and creative environment.
- Collaboration skills working across UX team, product owners and domain specialists.
- Fluency in different UX processes such as Design Thinking and Double Diamond
- Strong foundation in the field of Interaction Design
- Deep knowledge of Information Architecture
- Comprehensive knowledge of different prototyping tools and techniques
- Hands-on knowledge of the different facilitation & workshop techniques
- Basic knowledge & experience in general generative and evaluative user research methods (e.g.: user interview, usability study, survey)
- Basic understanding of Visual Design principles
- Basic understanding of different UX metrics
- Basic knowledge of agile development processes.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
: Budapest, Váci Greens Office Park