Location:Lisbon, Portuguese areas, PortugalSalary:CompetitiveType:PermanentMain Industry:Search Information Technology JobsAdvertiser:Colt Technology ServicesJob ID:114930830Posted On:11 September 2021Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.This role is responsible to design and build capability into two B2B customer-facing Network On Demand applications, working in an Agile/Kanban model. This person will have deep expertise in back-end technologies but also able to contribute to the development of the front-end.The team is small and nimble, and as a result has made amazing progress in the industry. The primary focus will be to ensure that our applications are extensible, maintainable, and efficient, whilst building cool new features. Sometimes this means we have to go and re-engineer some parts.We work in a business with lots of other applications, so interaction with our peers is key to ensure any integrations are effective and robust. Sometimes we also have to test the water with new capabilities, and so there will be a need to develop spikes/proof-of-concepts to evaluate tools and approaches to ensure the evolution of the platform makes best use of new technologies and techniques.Responsibilities:
- Decomposing high level requirements into a set of development tasks.
- Estimating size of development tasks
- Development of back-end (primarily) and front-end of customer facing online applications and APIs.
- Contributing to work prioritization
- Suggesting and analysing different approaches for building solutions.
- Continuously evaluating the codebase for opportunities to improve through refactoring.
- Running spike/proof-of-concept exercises to test a concept, new technology or technique.
- Mentoring junior developers
Skills:6 years’ experienceDeep experience:
- Java/Spring/Spring Boot
- REST Microservices
- Swagger API definition
- Single Page Application development with AngularJS and Angular 2+
And would like to learn more about:
- JBoss JBPM Process Design and Development
#LI-DNIWhat we offer:Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities . We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace