Headquarters: London, UK
What we do
- Fully remote, UK time +/− three hours only
- No recruiters please
DebugBear helps companies monitor and optimize the loading speed of their websites. We run continuous performance tests, generate detailed technical reports, and send out alerts when there's a problem.
Our users are a mix of developers, technical SEOs, and business owners. The role
- Be responsible for most of the development work on our product.
- Consider user experience, implementation costs, and maintainability
- Take on a variety of technical tasks and complete them successfully, sometimes in the absence of established processes
- Be mindful of customer needs to understand and challenge requirements and solutions
The current team consists of the technical founder and one part-time developer. In this role you'll have a significant impact on the codebase and product. Working at DebugBear
- We value building a stable product that doesn't break unexpectedly, especially not outside work hours. That means working with proven technologies where possible, writing automated tests, and setting up monitoring to detect problems early.
- While there is some flexibility with work hours, this is not an asynchronous role. Frequent communication is expected.
- Collaboration is mostly through Slack and GitHub issues. We usually have 3 to 4 calls a week, though that's pretty flexible.
Here are some of the technologies we use:
Application process Introductory call discussing the role and your experience Technical interview (Live coding task) Final interview (Mostly technical questions) Reference check Offer Requirements
- Node, TypeScript, Express
- Postgres, ClickHouse
- React, Webpack, Sass CSS
- Jest, Puppeteer
- Google Cloud
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with React, SQL, Continuous Integration
You will most likely have experience working for a small business. Benefits
- Budget: $120,000 - $140,000 per year (UK salary £75,000 - £90,000)
- Fully remote
- 28 days paid days off per year