Location:Porto, Portuguese areas, PortugalSalary:CompetitiveType:PermanentMain Industry:Search Information Technology JobsOther Industries & Skills:Education & Training, EngineeringAdvertiser:EDP Energias de Portugal S.A.Job ID:114923299Company:EDP Energias de Portugal S.A.Posted On:11 September 2021The EDP Renewables, company of EDP Group, aim to be a long-term market leader in the renewable energy sector, pursuing credibility through safety, value creation, social responsibility, innovation, and respect for the environment. To support us in this role, we intend to recruit a Project Developer.GENERAL DESCRIPON:DEVELOPMENT OF THE BUSINESS PLAN
- Collaborate in the identification of suitable geographical locations in which to construct wind farms / Solar PV plants in order to contribute to the achievement of the business plan objectives.
- Knowledge of the administrative expectations and processes to perform in opportunities selection. Participate and coordinate the representation in tenders in order to guarantee the efficiency of the offers.
IDENTIFY PROJECT OPPORTUNITIES/ DETECT M&A OPPORTUNITIES
- Explore new and relevant sites through targeted personal research or through results made available, with public and private stakeholders.
- Understand in great detail competitors and the main participants in the area's solar business, to detect opportunities (purchase opportunities, market alterations, etc.), to foresee risks and threats to guarantee the company's competitive position.
- Identify and forge cooperation with other promotion companies.
PARTICIPATION IN DUE DILIGENCE PROCESSES
- Active field or analytical participation and contribution to the company's internal pipeline or M&A wind & Solar PV Due Diligence processes.
SECURE AREAS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT/ RELATIONS WITH LANDOWNERS
- Secure land through the negotiation with the landowners and signing of promises of lease for the wind and solar farm, the power lines and the substations to establish proper relations during project development and construction.
RELATIONS WITH THE AUTHORITIES & INSTITUTIONAL REPRESENTATION
- Keep the progress on the projects under your control up to date, promote the interchange of information and ensure that the objectives are met, in order to allow the progress of the running projects to be monitored.
- Establish a network of high level contacts with the different stakeholders with frequent ground presence to establish proper relations during project development and construction.
- Represent the Company before transport and distribution energy-producing organizations and other organizations in the sector, local public or private actors, and before Public Administration with the aim of defending the Company's strategic interests.
- Initiate the launch of the procedures leading to issuance of Building Permit. Keep the progress on the projects according to schedule and permitting process, promote the exchange of information and ensure that the objectives are met.
BUSINESS PLAN AND BUDGET ELABORATION
- Take part in the definition and updating of the business plan and budget elaboration as regards the initiatives being developed; take on the responsibility of fulfilling the delivery time and project costs in the assigned areas. Propose and support investment in those areas in order to achieve the objectives defined for the business unit.
What profile are we looking for?
- University Degree in Engineering (preferably) with 3/5 years experience in renewable energy projects development;
- Ability to read, write and speak in English and Portuguese fluently.
As an EDP employee, you will have:
- Permanent employment contract;
- Salary compatible with the function and perks in force in the company;
- Continuous training.
- As a socially responsible company, we incorporate the principles of Diversity and Inclusion into our values and practices. In order to achieve all of our goals, we intend to attract, develop and retain different profiles, assuming diversity as a key factor and differentiator of fundamental innovation in our organization. We welcome and value all people, and we are committed to the inclusion and sense of belonging of each person who is part of the EDP Group.
What makes us proud as reference employers:
- TOP Employer Certification, by TOP Employers Institute (EDP Portugal; EDP Renováveis);
- Belonging to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (EDP Portugal; EDP Renováveis);
- Certification in Conciliation (Excellence), by Fundación Másfamília.