The R&D Software Engineer will have as main tasks and responsibilities:
- Passionate with networking, propose innovative solutions, mockups, and an urge to “take it to the next level”
- Engage with system and solutions architects in the design and shaping of innovative solutions
- Participate in the design, architecture definition, and technical specifications of new products or enhancements of existing products.
- Perform coding of new modules following the specifications
- Investigate, analyze, correct, and document reported defects to enhance the quality of our products and our knowledge data base
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation to enrich the team’s collective know-how
Profile and skills
Motivated software engineer, with system and network knowledge, you can demonstrate the following:
- Software development experience: C, Linux environment
- Knowledge of IP networks: basic knowledge in IP, deeper knowledge in security, protocols, IP stack, routing, … is a plus.
- Knowledge of SDN or SD-WAN technologies is not necessarily expected but would be a plus.
- Operating systems: knowledge of Linux (administration, development)
- System performance tuning knowledge
- Open source minded, experience of some linux distributions
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Autonomous, rigorous, and delivery-oriented with a commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Proven ability to work well within a team
- Potential and willingness for personal development and improvement