To support our ambitious growth, we are now looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer - Cloud/Platform (M/F/X) to join our team in Berlin, Germany starting as soon as possible.
Your tasks - Paint the world green
- Build our cloud! Design, deploy, monitor and maintain our infrastructure that hosts flixbus.com and the services it depends on, which is comprised of multiple Kubernetes clusters on AWS (provisioned with Terraform) and a private data center (running Debian on bare metal).
- Don't repeat yourself! Automate everything through our configuration management using Puppet and Ansible.
- Speak freely! Develop ops-related solutions, preferably in languages like Python, Golang, Lua or Ruby.
- Go team! Educate and support other teams to enable them to fully utilize our stack.
- Share the wealth! Contribute to open source projects (e.g. Kubernetes, Openresty and many more) or open-source our own projects
- Decisions, decisions...Evaluate interesting new technologies and come up with strategies to implement them.
- Don't panic! Spot and troubleshoot problems with our monitoring (Prometheus/Grafana) and use your insights to improve our disaster recovery plan.
Your Profile - Ready to hop on board
- Experience with cloud architectures (AWS, IaC)
- Good Linux skills (2+ years)
- Good containerization (Docker) skills
- Solid networking and database skills
- Experience working with multiple development teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Be result driven and value oriented
- Fluent in English