We are looking for a qualified IT Support Engineer to join our expanding professional services team supporting the deployment and maintenance of our highly innovative Biopharma Platform. Genedata’s Biopharma Platform revolutionizes the process of biopharma R&D and we, therefore, have quickly taken a global market leadership position with a rapidly growing client base.
As our new Biopharma IT Support Engineer for the EU region, you will be the go-to person for the sales and consulting team, as well as new and existing customers. You will accommodate the installation life cycle of the Genedata Biopharma Platform in the cloud as well as at customer sites globally. You will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and updating the Genedata Biopharma Platform and contributing to the technical, quality, and process documentation. Moreover, you will be supporting the continued improvement of customer-directed processes, including deployment and change management processes. Furthermore, this interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position offers an exciting opportunity to consult our global customers on IT-related challenges that relate to the effective deployment of the Genedata Biopharma Platform.
The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international service team.
This full-time position is based at our office in Basel. It requires flexible working hours to support global projects. Minimal travel might be required.
- Provide system requirements recommendations based on customer requirements.
- Advise internal account teams on best technical arrangements for software evaluations.
- Support customers with software installations, patch roll-out, and upgrades
- Execute on well-defined maintenance projects, including acceptance testing, issue analysis, deliverable verification and optional configuration for installations, patches, and upgrades using remote access technologies
- Address technical helpdesk requests with reference to existing software documentation
- Ensure support quality by proper helpdesk case classification, case follow-up and case closure within the growing set of corrective and preventative procedures
- Provide contractually agreed IT consulting services such as server setup and configuration, provision of hosted or cloud solutions, software integration services, scripting of command line batch automation, etc.
- Manage internal test and development installations, also those used for demonstration, service, or integration projects
- Participate in discussions with development and business teams on technical implementation planning and planning of risk mitigation
- Maintain, implement and control lifecycle policies in coordination with Genedata’s scientific consulting team.
- 3+ years in a system administrator role
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows systems
- Experience in remote execution of installation, support, and verification
- Demonstrated expertise to create automation code (e.g. monitoring, alerting)
- Knowledge of cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- Ability to quickly analyze complex technical environments, summarize status-quo, and perform gap analysis with resolution proposals
- Strong interpersonal skills, committed to efficient verbal and written communication
- Fluency in English with customer-facing verbal and written communication, presentation skills in English language, French or German are a plus
- Extremely well organized with a demonstrated ability to multitask
- Willingness to continuously learn and improve new technologies, systems and procedures