Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 300 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators , publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
As a Vector Artist (all genders), you will be responsible for creating in-game graphics for our products. In your role, you will draft, design, and subsequently vectorize decorative objects, buildings, icons, and characters using Adobe Illustrator.
- Design and draw in game assets, characters, and other graphic content for one of our online games
- Translate your own designs and drafts into vector assets to facilitate their implementation into our product
- Collaborate creatively with other artists in the team to produce unified assets within a given feature
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director and art leads in maintaining art style consistency
- Understand the game design requirements and translate as visually dynamic assets that support the product vision and gameplay needs
- Be proactive with problem solving and take responsibility for self managing tasks to meet production deadlines
- Support the development of asset libraries and guidelines where required
- Work with a flexible mindset in order to support both online and mobile game platforms
- A completed degree or apprenticeship in illustration, 2D animation, or design
- At least two years experience working in computer games as an Artist, preferably with examples from multiple games
- Strong drawing skills, conceptual design experience, graphic design, and an exceptional portfolio demonstrating a creative passion and work in various styles!
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop are a must, along with working experience in using Animate and After Effects
- Experience with other art creation tools such as 3D programs, or game engines would also be beneficial
- Self organised, proactive and highly organised, with a keen eye for detail
- Good written and spoken English
- Someone with a flexible mindset and a willingness to try new things
- Good communication skills, a good team worker and team mate
- Someone who will share expertise and knowledge to benefit the team, as well as being open to learning from others
- Someone who can both give and take criticism to find the best solution to a problem whilst also being pragmatic in ensuring work is completed on time
- A love of the arts, design, creativity, media, games would also fit the team well!
- Your professional growth is important to us
- A great team spirit with international Community Managers
- We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution
- A positive work-life balance
We look forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form.Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.If you have questions regarding your application, please send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.orgGoodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.