Kalvi is pioneering a new era of technology education with work-integrated degree programs in partnership with top-ranked universities and leading tech enterprises globally. We have raised a seed round from 30+ super angels and are backed by global tech leaders. We are looking for passionate individuals who can ideate, innovate and resonate with our vision and help Kalvi reach new heights. There are no boundaries we are afraid to explore and no stones we won’t upturn to solve the current skill gap perpetuated by antiquated engineering curriculums.
About the Role
This is a unique product developer opportunity, where you live on campus with the end user for whom we’re building our product: students. As a developer, you will work with our team and engage with our mission to change the higher education landscape of the country. As a mentor, you are going to be a role model for our future SSE’s, hence we are looking for developers who have at least 2+ years of experience with strong technical expertise as well as strong love for technology and upskilling students.
Roles and responsibilities (Development)
- Work in a fast paced environment focused on building a product towards achieving top student outcomes
- You will own and implement flows on the product (full-stack)
- Ideate, design and development of end to end user journeys
- Interface with the team regularly and provide on the ground feedback towards product iteration
Roles and responsibilities (Students)
- You will embed yourself in our end users at our campuses, and use your expertise to prepare and deliver lectures, tutorials and workshops.
- Perform student assessments as per lecture and syllabus requirements.
- Provide your expertise and guidance to students who are learning development.
- About 50% of the time would be spent on development, and 50% on student responsibilities.
Basic Skill Requirement
● Good knowledge on front-end technologies
● Good knowledge on back-end technologies
- Node.js, Express.js Jest, Mocha
● Good knowledge on databases
- NoSQL DB - MongoDB
- Relational DB - Postgres, MySQL
● Good knowledge on DevOps
- Building CI-CD pipelines
- Interest in teaching with ability to explain complex things in simple language
- Prior experience of conducting offline Live Sessions preferred
- Prior experience of leading teams towards project completion
- Willingness to accept feedback
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced English proficiency
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar. Relocation to the campus is a requirement for this position.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and the opportunity to be part of an impactful movement to transform higher education for the better
- Free accommodation and food when you’re on-campus
- Challenging role designed to significantly enhance technical profile and skills.
- An awesome work culture that helps you thrive
- Opportunity to be part of a team that puts high focus on outcome-oriented technical coaching and develop the next generation of CTOs
- Work with industry leaders with experience from companies like Google, SAP, Adobe, etc.