eLitmus Evaluation Private Limited
You are Brilliant and highly ambitious. Maybe you’ve worked as a senior engineer or a team lead at a big, respectable software company (read MAANG and similar). Maybe you’re a seasoned pro at the startup game. Now you’re looking to step up in a big way. You love to code, but you want to do more. You’re ready to build a team of developers, bring a new product to a large market, and take full control of your career and your vision.
This may be a big leap for you, but it’s a leap you’re ready to take. You realize that great power will come with great responsibility, and that doesn’t scare you. You want to take on the world (and win).
About the Job
As a Team Lead in the technology team of eLitmus, you will be part of a talented engineering team that is passionate about the technology they use and the products they build. You will be part of a team solving a meaningful problem and building and shipping many products that will drastically change how people engage and experience their life. You will work in a fast-paced environment to successfully deliver software that is used by millions of users on a monthly basis.
We are seeking a sharp, driven, talented team lead in Bangalore, Karnataka. The ideal candidate has the ability to build and lead teams through the exciting reality of bringing a first of its kind product to market. This leader is committed to performance, results and operational excellence. He/she has a track record of top-notch product delivery and demonstrates flexibility and excellent communication skills. He/she understands that change is the only constant and thrives in ambiguity. He/she is an accomplished technical leader with strong business acumen.
You are better off working elsewhere if you expect a product roadmap, specification, plan etc. will be handed over to you on day one of your joining. You will be on your own “without a map”. Our CEO call it “Being your own CEO”
- Customer Development – You know your stuff with customer discovery, customer validation and customer creation
- Technical vision -- provide excellent technical leadership, inspiring your team to build cutting-edge solutions and proactively bringing new ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table.
- Evaluate technologies -- work closely with our architects to evaluate new key technologies and infrastructure investments, always looking three moves ahead to make both near-term and long-term optimal choices.
- Strategy inputs - Serve as a key contributor to strategy and operations and will be instrumental in building and leading a fast-paced and nimble engineering organization.
- Synthesize priorities -- Work collaboratively with leads from other departments, including Sales and Marketing to internalize business needs and drive priorities for the team.
- Scheduling -- prioritize projects, set achievable, motivating, stretch goals, and manage the team to hitting the deadlines.
- Hiring -- find, recruit, hire and retain the very best engineers.
- Engineering leader -- you are a leading voice for engineering within the organization, and provide strong engineering representation for the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have 4+ years of total experience (but not more than 7 years) with a minimum of 1 years leading engineering teams either at a startup or at the likes of MAANG.
- You have strong experience leading Agile development teams.
- You have juggled with various technologies in your past life and believe that technology is just a means to express ideas. You can easily switch between technologies – mature or cutting edge as per situation
- You keep track of technology trends.
- You have solved significant technology scaling challenges.
- You have strong management experience leading a team of talented engineers.
- You are effective at balancing the needs of a dynamic product roadmap, and managing a set of distinct teams with differing directives.
- You have a passion for technology and expertise that will allow you to drive decisions in software architecture, infrastructure support, security and scalability. (Open Source technologies are preferred.)
- You are a doer and a leader who can shift from one role to another as your team grows.
- You function well in a fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
eLitmus.com was founded with a vision of being the finest and most trusted employability assessment firm in existence. Specializing in the placement of fresh engineering graduates, eLitmus.com has helped some of the most successful organizations grow their teams from start to finish.
The selection happens in Round 3. You can see the exact assigment and start preparing for it straight away.
- Round 1 - Elimination round
- A Test consisting of aptitude + coding challenge
- Round 2 - Assignment round
- show you are serious and can learn
- Round 3 - You can change the World
- the assignment details can be seen here: problem statement
- it will give you a sense on kind of exciting problems we solve in eLitmus