Direct-hire, No contract, no sponsorship and no corp2corp.
Principal DevOps Engineer - Cloud Architect Austin, TX 78758
Someone Experienced with: - Has managed large production deployments in AWS - Is an expert on infrastructure-as-code and the best of breed DevOps tools - Is experienced with different deployment models and the pros and cons of each - Is able to coordinate complex projects and delegate tasks to the team - Has done capacity planning and expense forecasting and management - Is an expert on information security, especially as it applies to the public cloud - Knows how to communicate effectively and design efficient organizational boundaries
- Ideally, you will have worked in a second cloud such as Azure or a hybrid environment.
- You will have an expert understanding of DevOps build and automation tools including Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet / Chef / Salt, Ansible, Rundeck.
- You will have managed a complex build system and have a solid working knowledge of code management and release strategies.
- You know how to script; Ideally, youre a good shell script programmer and also with Python.
- You will have run a production cloud environment with thousands of paying customers that expect you to deliver against an SLA every day.
- Youll know how to set up monitoring, alerting, and a fair on-call routine. Youll have implemented an effective incident response process.
- Youll have a sixth sense for security vulnerabilities and never settle for just checking the box.
- You will have had to plan capacity and forecast expenses.
- Youll be able to work with the financial operations team on reservation strategies.
- Youll be able to continuously improve our resource utilization and help keep our expenses in control.
- You are a microservice enthusiast who may have used Kubernetes in production.
- Youll know Last Updated 9/6/2019 the challenges a distributed architecture brings and how to engineer for observability and reliability.
- You will bring a wealth of perspective to the team. Youll work with the team to share your experience and lessons learned.
- You will lead by example.
- You love a technical challenge and revel in elegant solutions.
- You want to work for an experienced team that has a very impressive track record in a place where you have the resources to work on hard engineering problems.
Really looking for a Director level Cloud Architect
- Someone who has experience managing a production suite from start to finish within a SaaS environment
- Big Data experience a must
- SaaS experience a must
- At scale experience supporting thousands of customers in production
- AWS a must