As the Front-end Developer, you will be responsible for building the ‘front-end’ of our web sites and web applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. You will be working on a variety of websites, many of which are built with the Drupal CMS, that require content and theme updates. If you’re interested in creating user-centered, well-designed, and responsive front-end code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design. Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring great user experience.
What will you be engaged in day-to-day?
- Using USWDS token based theme tool.
- Maintaining and improving websites.
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed.
- Designing mobile-based features.
- Collaborating with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Accepting feedback from, and building solutions for, users and customers.
- Writing functional requirement documents and guides.
- Creating quality mockups and prototypes.
- Updating Drupal 9 websites and experience updating content, views, blocks, and other site building activities.
- Developing and maintaining Twig templates for Drupal themes.
- Writing stylesheets using SCSS.
- Helping back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Staying up to date on emerging technologies.
- Ensuring compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What qualifications will help you succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science or related field of study, or at least 4 years of applicable experience.
- Experience using build or bundling tools (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack) is ideal.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the Git version control system.
- Understanding of modern UX techniques and UI design is a plus.
- Experience building responsive websites and implementing mobile friendly interfaces.
- Experience with JSON and XML data formats. Understand REST API principles for saving server-side data and consuming it for complex UI's and visualization.
- Experience working with back-end developers to implement solutions.
- Good understanding of how data is stored and accessed from SQL based databases. Any SQL experience is a plus.
- Experience with any OO based language such as PHP, Python or Java is a plus.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran, including all protected veterans, or status as a disabled individual, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please refer to our Applicants Rights under Federal Employment Law Section on our main Careers page.