A day in this job
In this position you will be able to:
- Apply data science in areas like credit risk modeling, customer acquisition and retention, debt collection optimization, product personalization, and conversion maximization;
- Develop machine learning expertise beyond basic supervised and unsupervised learning and mentor junior team members;
- Demonstrate your leadership skills and manage a data project or product, which you will define through frequent interactions with experienced financial-services professionals;
- Prototype and subsequently operationalize innovative, data-intensive, end-to-end fully automated machine-learning-based decision engines.
Desired skills & experience
- Bachelors or Masters with strong academic performance in a quantitative field;
- Absolutely fluent in R, you feel comfortable writing production-ready code and you could call yourself an R-hacker; If you are an expert in Python, please consider implementing at least one machine-learning solution in R before applying, even if it’s a personal project;
- 2 years of working experience as a data scientist or machine learning engineer;
- Deep knowledge of the theory and expertise on the application of machine learning and statistics;
- Fluent in English; No other language required.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field;
- Experience developing R packages;
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL database technologies;
- Experience productionizing and maintaining ML-based automated solutions.
What is in it for you?
- You will be joining a dynamic and diverse, multifunctional and multidisciplinary team of 15 data scientists, in one of the fastest growing Fintech organizations;
- You will learn about built-in-house state-of-the-art methods and technologies and you will significantly improve your skills;
- You will feel the excitement of extracting value from data and impacting the performance of an entire organization.
- You will work in an awesome office in the heart of Hamburg with the best views from the city and plenty of things to do nearby.
How to apply?
- We accept applications exclusively through the application form below https://kreditech.com/careers/job/1314605