You will join our SRE Team to build a new, cloud-native platform based on Docker, AWS, CI/CD, Vault and are automating everything with infrastructure as code. Our team is growing to support this effort.
A day in this job
- Our mission is to design, build and operate a new platform for our global business, enable self-service for our developers so that we can retire our old infrastructure;
- The team is responsible for availability, performance, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning;
- We will rely on you to keep key systems running; Proactively monitor and improve systems and workflows;
- As a team lead SRE, you will support and facilitate the work of a team of engineers who develop, scale and maintain critical systems in our infrastructure;
- Work with leading-edge DevOps tools and work with new technology.
Desired skills and experience
- Expert in Linux-based systems; if you’ve typed the same command more than a few times you’ll probably write a shell script for it;
- You have experience in automating as much as possible with the use of a variety of scripting languages (BASH, Python, Go or similar);
- Understand at least the basics of TCP networking and can debug basic networking issues;
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud environment;
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills;
- Passionate about learning new technologies.
- Experience in managing an engineering team in a leadership role;
- Good understanding of database queries;
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration systems like Kubernetes Docker Swarm or ECS;
- Ability to build automated deployments through the use of technology such as Terraform, Salt or similar;
- Experience using Jenkins and Git, you have a good understanding of CI/CD;
- Good knowledge of monitoring and logging solutions;
- Experience in managing large infrastructure preferably between 500 to 1000 containers.
What is in it for you?
- Our SRE team is versatile in different ways. We have members from different nationalities and technical background, including Developers, System and Network engineers who follow SRE practices which makes our team unique and help us to solve challenges with out of the box solutions;
- You will learn about built-in-house state-of-the-art methods and technologies and you will significantly improve your skills;
- 26 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
How to apply?
- We accept applications exclusively through the application form https://kreditech.com/careers/job/1390384