Principal Member of Technical Staff (Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development) (JoinOCI-REI)-210003JD Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: EnglishPreferred QualificationsAre you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is building a next generation cloud platform that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, operating at global scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment.Our mission is to provide our customers with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services. https://www.oracle.com/cloud/Oracle Tactical Edge Cloud (OTEC) is a new product that extends Oracle Cloud beyond the datacenters and brings its core features to customer locations, even those without consistent internet access. We are building a complex yet exciting offering that will span across cloud services and a fleet of ruggedized, high powered devices that will handle a wide range of specialized workloads in collecting, processing and analyzing massive amounts of data where low latency computing is critical.We are looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in many areas – such as distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, specialized high-performance hardware and highly available services. If this is you, at OTEC is an opportunity to design and build our innovative new services and systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.As a Principal Member of Technical Staff, you will build entire services and act as a leader on your team. You will be writing exceptional code and tests, mentor others on your team and establish high quality standards, drive design and architecture of your service, and play a key role in planning, execution and operational readiness. As an engineering leader, we expect you to raise the bar for the entire OTEC engineering organization – whether through best engineering practices, operational excellence, development process or shared code contributions.Key Responsibilities:
- Own the engineering delivery of a service or component.
- Work closely with architects, product and program managers to deliver product features on time and with high quality.
- Drive engineering efforts and provide direction other members of the team.
- Collaborate with other product teams.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that may dent team’s ability to execute.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (MS preferred)
- 5+ years of experience delivering and operating cloud services or highly distributed business software.
- SOLID programming experience with C, C++ or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Designed production multi-tier high concurrency applications
- POSIX filesystems, Data intensive applications w.r.t. filesystems
- Linux, Security, Networking, macsec, macvtap, macvlan
- Experience establishing CICD and hands on experience with test automation frameworks (Airflow, Cucumber, Selenium)
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsDesign, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
: Product Development
: LV-LV,Latvia-Riga, PL-PL,Poland-Warsaw, EE-EE,Estonia-Tallinn
: Regular Employee Hire