Senior Software Developer-20000JXH Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Oracle Enterprise Manager is Oracle’s cloud management platform, which provides a single pane of glass for customers to manage the Oracle stack, whether in theiron-premises data centers or in the Oracle Cloud. Through deep integration with Oracle’s product stack, Oracle Enterprise Manager provides market-leading management and automation support for Oracle applications, databases, middleware, hardware and engineered systems.
Enterprise Manager (EM) helps customers to accelerate the adoption of virtualization and cloud computing to optimize IT resources, improve hardware utilization, streamline IT processes, and reduce costs.
The candidate we are looking for is a senior developer who will play a key role in the EM development team. The candidate must have strong programming experience in Java and related technologies.
The candidate will:
• have experience in systems and cloud management domain involving physical and virtualized assets.
• design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, networks etc. within EM.
• collaborate with engineering teams across the globe to understand the product functionalities and use cases.
• work closely with product architect, peer group as well as members of different development organizations.
• have experience in systems and storage domain involving physical and virtualized assets.
• Leading contributor and a team player. Will be required to provide direction and mentor other team members.
• Develop, debug and test programs and scripts for components and sub-systems of Oracle Enterprise Manager Software.
• Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements and participate in engineering initiatives.
• Adopt and promote solid software development and test-driven practices with your peer.
• Writing, reviewing and promoting quality, clean and readable code. Education and Experience
•BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years ofexperience as a software developer. Experience with software developmentlife cycle.
• Extensive experience in Java technologies and SQL.
• Experience on Linux and scripting.
• In depth working experience in cloud management domain and virtualization technologies.
• Ability and willingness to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
• Good communication skills and ability to participate in technical discussions and communicate clearly.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).