Headquarters: Wilmington, NC URL: https://orrbitt.com
About UsOrrbitt Creative Group is a remote team based on the east coast building websites, brand identities, and corporate presentations for life science companies. Some our client’s specialties include therapeutics, genetics, diagnostic platforms, and oncology. Most of our clients are in Boston and San Francisco. All of our clients value quality over quantity. Executives of publicly-traded companies, venture capitalists, and public relations firms regularly see and interact with our work.Job Description Our company is looking for a remote, full-time web developer who specializes in WordPress and frontend development. We build lean, custom WordPress themes that focus on minimal use of plugins and frameworks. Our designs are unique and require a mastery of WordPress and the ability to solve difficult frontend challenges. General Requirements
- Portfolio or case studies showing your work in building custom WordPress themes either from scratch or a starter theme in addition to showcasing some serious frontend chops including animations and complex designs
- Ability to work with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch for modifying, slicing, and exporting web assets
- Experience with modern development tools including task runners, CSS preprocessors, IDEs, and CI
- You ask questions proactively
- Located in the United States (preferably east coast but not required)
Frontend Requirements (you should be an expert in the following)
- CSS3 and jQuery
- Flexbox and CSS Grid Layout (we do not use Bootstrap, Foundation, or other frameworks)
- SASS/SCSS including mixins and thoughtful file structure
- Mobile-first responsive development
- Building your own UI components using CSS and jQuery
- Gulp experience
- Greensock or similar animation library
WordPress Requirements (you should be an expert in the following)
- 3+ years WordPress experience
- Advanced Custom Fields including building components with Flexible Layout fields and Repeater fields
- You know what to look for in the codex
- You can create Custom Post Types without a plugin
- You can build a custom theme from scratch or from a starter theme (we do not build themes from existing themes or builders such as Divi or Visual Composer
Qualities We Look For In a Developer
- The ability to focus and harness your creativity in a productive way.
- Great communicator. You love talking to people, learning about their needs, and helping them.
- Business-savvy. You understand how your development choices fits into the bigger business picture
- of both your employer and clients.
- You are passionate about the current state of development. You enjoy talking about what’s going on
- in the world of design, why it’s happening, and where it’s going.
What we’re not looking for
- Agencies or recruiters
- Part-time employees or freelancers
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org