Sr. Product Designer
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our Product Team. In this role, you will be working with the Director of Product and Creative Director to design and deliver the best user learning experience to our learners.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be a member of the Product team and coordinate within and across teams including customer success, marketing, and content teams to ensure that our learners receive the best learning experience possible by visualizing our backlog and roadmap. The ideal candidate will have a strong visual portfolio with demonstrated ability to perform user research, gather requirements, analyze and communicate findings, and to turn requirements into wireframes and prototypes applying best practices for usability, design systems, and information architecture.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help define and improve the interface and learning experience on the Osmosis platform
- Create deliverables (journey map, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.) and execute high fidelity design
- Perform user research to solicit feedback by recruiting users to meet for design sessions, test beta products, usability tests, and complete surveys
- Share findings with our team and explain how that will affect your design decisions
- Stay informed on the latest UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns and integrate best practices into design projects
- Work with developers to iterate on and refine the current user experience
- Assist the Creative Director with the creation and maintenance of UX documentation
- QA test product features when needed
- 5+ years of design experience on a successful product team, preferably at an education organization
- Portfolio of visually pleasing, intuitive, and efficient user experiences
- Demonstrable experience defining the “why” and “how” of a project with inquisitive and design thinking mindset
- Proven ability to balance the needs of users with the needs of an organization
- Demonstrable experience analyzing user feedback in both qualitative quantitative formats: user research, a/b tests and other data driven methodologies
- Ability to gather and create requirements for creative new user flows
- Ability to create information architecture changes to improve user experience.
- Familiarity with tools like Figma and a willingness to learn new tools and softwares
- Studious. A keen interest in and deep understanding of web and mobile technology, particularly pertaining to an understanding of designing for learning experiences.
- Negentropic. You bring order to everything you touch and have a keen attention to detail
- Punctual. You deliver projects on time, and are able to prioritize high impact design input.
- Communication Wizard. You can talk with learners, developers, and other team members to understand their needs, collaborate and find solutions. You can write the copy for designs.
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Value Oriented. You share our values, and demonstrate those values in your daily work.
- Critical. You welcome feedback on your work and you thrive in environments where critical feedback is common.
This position is full time and remote. The ideal candidate will be based in North America.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Portfolio: because this role requires UX design and user research skills, portfolios will only be considered if they include descriptions of projects and/or case studies
- Submission of an Osmosis "Spread Joy" e-card. At Osmosis we are working to develop the most caring people, and to this end have created the www.osmosis.org/spreadjoy tool. Please visit this page, create an Osmosis account, and send an e-card to someone and let us know what you thought of the experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.