OutSystems R&D is known for working on highly complex problems while focusing on keeping the product extremely easy to use, allowing us to lead the low code market. We expect our engineers to help us drive the software development landscape changes by disrupting the way modern software is built.The OutSystems engineering team has developed its own visual coding language, compilers to transform it into optimized high code, smart assistant AI mechanisms to accelerate development (TrueChange), code flow optimization mechanisms, and additional PaaS services that allow customers to easily develop powerful applications. The team empowers customers to tame all the hassles of complex software development under a powerful yet simple-to-use platform.To apply to this position, you need to be willing to build a product used across the globe by some of the largest and most complex organizations, like Toyota, Salsa Jeans, ThinkMoney, Logitech, and others. You’ll build a product that will be used by developers of any industry, enabling the development of software used by millions of end-users across the globe, with auto-scaling capabilities. The product also allows customers to build very complex core systems that deal with complex business logic and integrations with legacy systems based on product extensibility SDKs.What will you be doing?As a Software Engineer in the OutSystems R&D, you’ll be a member of the group of teams responsible for developing the next generation of capabilities of one of our platform components, from our IDE to our own Cloud Platform. In this group, you’ll have many opportunities, such as:
- Designing and developing solutions with the team, by following development processes (like TDD, BDD, code reviews...);
- Optimizing the performance of the platform component you’ll work on;
- Produce and test code in short cycles, with a high degree of automation;
- Gather feedback from end-users and adapt your solutions;
- Grow your own and your colleagues' technical skills, through pairing, peer review, and knowledge transfers;
- Research new technologies and approaches to solve our technical challenges.
Here’s what you need to succeed in this job:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or similar;
- Knowledge of software engineering principles, algorithms, data structures, and Object-Oriented Design;
- Passion to analyze and design elegant solutions for high-tech problems;
- Great troubleshooting skills;
- Team player with a growth mindset;
- Good communication skills and fluency in English.
- Continuous delivery and testing techniques;
- Excellent coding skill in one or more of these technologies is a plus: C#, TypeScript, React, CSS, Containers.
We’re looking for passionate people committed to their work. If this description applies to you, we should talk! What you can expect from OutSystems:
- The possibility to create disruption in the software development market;
- A company that cares about employees wellbeing and provides a safe and comfortable work environment, even during adverse times;
- A world-class software engineering team with peers and leaders that are inspired to learn and share what they know;
- A fast-growing company that provides many opportunities for you to grow;
- Fun from day one: a relaxed work environment, colleagues from diverse backgrounds and with a diverse range of interests, fun company events.
Curious about OutSystems culture? Find out more in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules.