Who We Are
We’re a B2B start-up in the rapidly growing cybersecurity sector. At Panaseer, we work at the intersection of data science, big data technology and security, following W. Edwards Deming’s “In God we trust, all others must bring data”.
We're a rapidly expanding team, based in central London and the US, driven by our mission to help businesses secure their organisations and their customers against the ever-evolving cyber threats. Our cybersecurity risk management and data analytics platform empowers security teams in the enterprise to use data to answer the most challenging questions they face. Questions like: ‘How secure are our firm’s most critical assets?’, ‘What’s our security ROI?’ and ‘Where do I prioritise my scarce resources for best effect?’
With the $10m Series A funding we've just raised, we have an ambitious roadmap to build on our success to date and we're on the lookout for bright engineers and data scientists to help us deliver the Panaseer vision.
How We Work - Our Engineering Culture
Joining our growing engineering team now will give you the opportunity to work at enterprise scale on truly business-critical problems – although we’re a small company thus far, we have a serious impact on huge customers.
You'll have the chance to work with:
- Cross-functional teams across data science, engineering (platform, data & front-end), product, customer success and end users enabling us to discover, prototype and build rapidly.
- Fortnightly Scrum sprints with daily stand-ups, weekly demos and fortnightly retrospectives that encourage lean ways of thinking and continuous iteration.
- Autonomous technical teams. Through regular architecture, refactor and backlog triage sessions, you will shape our future product architecture by defining how components integrate to create a system that is scalable, secure, robust and performant.
- An environment that values and encourages learning, knowledge sharing and personal development by getting involved in and organising meet-ups, conferences, internal brown-bag session and more. Our technical functions regularly get together in working groups to discuss a range of topics from architecture to engineering practices and tooling.
You can find out all about the exciting stuff we're building on our Engineering Blog. To find out what it's like to work at Panaseer, why not have a read about a typical day in the life of an engineer.
Who you are
While you may not have worked with big data technologies and data platforms, you are a curious and ambitious engineer, passionate about learning:
- A wide array of the latest big data technologies, particularly Spark and Hadoop, blended together to allow our customers to collect, store and analyse huge volumes of data from which security insights are derived.
- Developing in Scala, Java, Python and scripting languages to build enterprise-grade ETL frameworks on top of Apache Spark to make it easy for data scientists to build complex data pipelines and analysis applications.
- Building and deploying on to infrastructure hosted on AWS and on-premises at our customers.
Essential to the role are your capabilities and prior experience in:
- Commercial software development experience with high competency in Scala or Java
Preferably to have had exposure to:
- Building RESTful APIs using Java Spring
- A mature software CI/CD delivery pipeline, Git and Jira, realising the benefits of this as an approach
- An appreciation of different testing techniques and the positives and negatives of different approaches e.g. TDD, unit testing, integration testing