Our client is a global technology-based agricultural company located a few miles southwest of Houston, Texas. They are the leader in the U.S. agriculture market.
The Power BI Developer will be responsible for developing and enforcing all data management activities and policies to assist the day-to-day decision making in the Company. He/she will be also responsible for implementing visualization systems that make data readily available and enhance report capabilities across areas.
The Power BI Developer will collect, clean, manage, and analyze complex data from multiple sources. He/she will work as a liaison between agronomist, technicians, researchers, and leadership to gather and report out on measurements and metrics. The position requires to develop complex queries and effective workflows and practices for facilitating data manipulation, visualization, and interpretation. The coordinator will work with managers and staff to evaluate the analytical needs and translate those needs into actionable reports and statistics, and will be responsible for producing, maintaining, and improving dashboards for communicating analytics and reporting. Understanding the operational data needs for the various report teams is therefore also included within his/her responsibilities. He/she will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of the data. The coordinator will also supervise system performance and support new operational and research initiatives with data quality controls and data entry. Candidates should have advanced experience working with SQL databases, using Power BI and PowerApps. Some knowledge of SAP is desired.
Deliverables / Outcomes
- Design and management of databases: Build and strengthen databases and algorithms to analyze and leverage data assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources to be used as inputs in data analysis
- Data visualization: Create and maintain data visualization systems, including dashboards and reports, that make data readily available and simplify how insights are communicated.
- Teamwork: Work in a cross-disciplinary project teams of database specialists, IT specialists, business subject-matter experts and agronomists who will bring the domain expertise to our data-driven solutions.
- Subject Matter Expert: Serve in a team of company experts on Predictive modeling, Data science and Statistics.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of science, engineering, technology or mathematics is required. Master's in data science or business analytics is preferred.
- Research or industry experience in data management and data analytics:
- 1-2 years of practical work experience in data management, data visualization, and/or data science.
- Strong professional experience using MS SQL Server.
- Strong experience using Power BI and PowerApps
- Strong professional experience using Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with GIS such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
- The candidate should know fundamental methods of statistical analysis.
- SAP Knowledge (Preferred)
- Company Values: Proven examples of teamwork. Proven examples of caring and respecting workforce. Proven examples of innovation.
- Agricultural Processes Exposure (Preferred): Exposed to agriculture or life sciences environments helpful, but not necessary.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish (Optional): May be helpful, but not required.
- Non-Criminal Record: Due to the sensitivity of this role incumbent should not have history of any criminal record and be able to pass a background check.
- Physical Requirements: Due the nature of the decision making, the position holder must be able to pass a drug test. Candidate must be able to lift 30 lb. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Domestic and International Travel: Able to travel to all Company locations on a regular basis, including flying and driving, and able to manage time zone changes.
- 85% Remote, with occasional visits to the offices in Alvin, Texas.