Chances are you have already read one of our texts, without realising it was generated by computer code. Or used our topic classification systems while reading your favourite newspaper. Perhaps you saved lots of time, skipping a helpdesk queue by letting our chatbots solve your problem.
At Retresco we are passionate about natural language and technology. We have our own product, textengine.io, and provide custom solutions to well-known clients in various industries. Among these are Deutsche Telekom, Spiegel, FAZ.NET, Media Saturn, Freenet, Metro Group and many more.
We are looking for a Backend Developer (f/m)
You will be:
- Joining an agile team of experts from various backgrounds, such as computational linguistics, computer science, data science and physics,
- Solving challenging problems related to both natural language processing and scalable web services,
- Delivering novel, well-tested and reviewed features to our production systems starting at the first sprint,
- Supported by our devops team: we run our own testing, building and deployment infrastructure,
- Working from our beautiful office in Berlin-Friedrichshain, where we have a nearly infinite supply of Club Mate, cold drinks and above all cool and well prepared colleagues
- Modern Python, lots of async/await and type hints,
- Pytest for unit and integration testing, Protractor and Selenium for e2e,
- Tornado and aiohttp for communication,
- Elasticsearch, redis and Postgres for persistence,
- Docker, Gitlab and Mesos for development and deployment.
What we offer
- Good working environment, teamwork, and colleagues who are passionate about their work
- Exciting clients, latest technologies and ambitious product development
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making processes
- Part-time models
- Sport with colleagues
- German classes