As Java Engineer, you:
- get to work on cutting-edge technology and be part of modern software development practices (e.g. agile and self-sufficient teams, continuous integration and deployment, test automation, cloud-based infrastructure, and tooling).
- get the empowerment to inspect, propose, change, fix anything, which can be improved in the product, process or technology.
- have an individual conference and education budget.
- can take part in bi-weekly in-house tech talks.
- can take part in quarterly hackathons.
- choose your laptop, hard- and software as you see fit
Desired Skills and Experience
- university degree in relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences, ...) or a comparable qualification; a university degree usually includes an independent research project which cumulates in a thesis
- several years of experience in complex software projects with end-to-end ownership
- strong analytical thinking, both in the technical and in the product domain
- excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - engineering, product, or other stakeholders
- strong professional or academic background in our technology stack: Java 8, Docker, Spring Bootfamiliar with web services, REST, and message queues
- prior exposure to cloud-native or micro-service architectures
- interested in other technology stacks
- professional proficiency in English
- other European languages and knowledge about our target markets are advantageous, but not required
- design, implement, test, and run production quality software
- translate challenges the business faces into technical solutions
- work closely with your team and the product owner
- collect and analyze requirements from partners, other teams, or the literature
- implement best practices to ensure reliability, scalability, and security
- keep yourself up-to-date with respect to the technology landscape