The Mechanical Design Engineer collaborates with a local team or global engineering team on product design which satisfy customer specifications. This process includes design, product validation, completing documentation and executing launch items for production. Complete all related drawings, documentations and release in internal systems.
- Key participant in design projects
- Performs design verification on original and/or derivative design ideas using analytical and experimental methods
- Key participant in development testing, engineering analysis, qualification testing, production launch
- Collaborates with necessary personnel on failure analysis investigations and engineering evaluations• Contact with the customer and suppliers on a regular basis
- Maintains product documentation (drawings and specifications)
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree)
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Interacts with customers to solicit product specifications requirements, schedule expectations and budget
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits, microelectronic assembly, statistical methods, process control fundamentals and product test processes
- Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
- Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
- As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.