At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As a member of our Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to extend our platform, build innovative tools and products, and be involved in designing new and custom solutions. You will be working on a subset of our 100+ production services and be responsible for design, implementation, integration and operation of these services.
Locations: Belgrade and Novi Sad
Some of the problems we are solving are:
- Scaling our cloud-based distributed file system
- Heterogeneous content search
- Optimizing data uploads and downloads
- Managing and optimizing multi-cloud resource allocation
- Building a distributed execution system for genomic pipelines and tools
- Building a multi-cloud billing systemBuilding an internal data warehouse
Do you have what it takes?
- Have 3+ years of relevant engineering/data analysis experience
- Be proficient in Java server-side development
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices
- Know how to work with at least one modern build system
- Have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structuresHave good communication skills
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
It would be great if you:
- Have experience with the architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Have strong Computer Science background
- Are comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.)
- Some of the libraries and technologies we use: Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, JDBI, Hibernate, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ElasticSearch. Experience with some or all of these technologies is a big plus, but not a requirement.