We are seeking a Technical Lead Developer to join our engineering team developing the state-of-the-art product – SolarWinds MSP Backup and Recovery. Position is open in Core team, which works on Backup client as well as on Backup platform services and responsible for developing new features related to long-term strategic initiatives, hardening and scaling existing functionality.
The successful applicant would be expected to work across a range of technologies, languages including .Net Core, Angular, C++, Python, AWS, Docker, K8s, ClickHouse and operations systems: Windows, Linux, MacOS, FreeBSD. We do not expect an applicant to have in-depth knowledge of all these technologies but rather to have deep knowledge of .Net Core, Angular 2+ and a desire to learn others.
The successful candidate will contribute to the design and implementation of all features of Backup product in close collaboration with groups in Devops, Architecture and Product Management amongst others.
- Design and implement functional requirements
- Design/review architecture of complex features with multiple components
- Independently develop complex features through multiple software layers
- Improve coding and design practices across multiple teams
- Support the code by writing unit and auto-tests
- Work on application performance improvements and tuning
- Provide technical feedback and assistance on others' code and design
- Communicate with other teams and help to integrate others' code to a common solution
- Identify and address root cause of the issues, drive problem from its definition till successful completion
- Prepare technical documentation
- Coach of other team members to become better engineers
- Solid experience in .Net Core development
- Expertise in Angular 2+ -based development
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience working with the relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of the object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Ability to write quality-oriented, efficient code and support it with unit and auto-test
- Knowledge of containers concepts, e.g. Docker
- Expertise in cross-platform development
- Experience with *NIX operational systems
- Understanding of client-server development model
- Team leadership experience
- Be able to read C++ codebase
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with K8s-based deployment
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.