Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Launched in 1999, 20 Minuten is a daily commuter newspaper for the German-speaking part of Switzerland. It provokes discussion with its news on politics, business, sport, entertainment and services. 20 Minuten is part of the 20 Minuten media network.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented engineering manager to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
Engineering Manager (w/m) 80-100%
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering
- 6+ years of engineering experience, ideally in a management role
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team as well as project management skills
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
What we offer:
- A great office in the heart of Zurich
- Cool team on three different locations, so be prepared to travel to Lausanne and Belgrade
- On-site canteen with plentiful selection of fresh food and salad
- Home-office possibilities
- And you can even bring your dog to the office