This role requires you to be an artist, a mentor, and a manager. On day-to-day basis you will provide guidance and critical feedback with the knowledge and limitations of gameplay requirements in mind. As an Art Director, you will review art for quality and continuity according to project needs. The ability to communicate and plan across all disciplines within the studio is of the utmost importance. You will work closely with designers, animators, 3d artists, technical artists, game designers and developers within the team. Understanding the full development pipeline and how concept art would make or break the game is key.
- Leads the art team in delivering on-time, on-model, technically compliant, and performant assets.
- Participates & leads creative brainstorming sessions in coordination with Head of Creative and Product Managers.
- Create games and features concepts include: creative brief, a story, color palette, storyboards/user-flows, notes on font styling, lighting direction, and references for the look and feel.
- Diagnose and solve visual & technical issues..
Coordination / Organization:
- Ensures all game assets are delivered on-time and meets quality standards set by Head of Creative.
- Meets with the Head of Creative, Head of Animation, Head of Design, and Product Manager as needed for sprint planning, and roadmap planning.
- Meets with the Head of Creative as needed to review deliverables and production progress.
- Has visibility into asset delivery dates; can speak to this in absence of Product.
- Troubleshoot issues by enlisting aid of appropriate stakeholders (e.g. Animators, Engineers, etc.).
- Oversees and approves final product after integration and on device.
- Meet Studio deadlines and milestones as set by the project.
- Responsible for training new hires to the team and ensure best practices and quality standards are met.
- Exposes the team to new ideas and techniques that reflect the current and future trends in the industry.
- 3-5 years of experience in game development .
- Experience in giving creative feedback and clear communication of ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple team members, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of foundation art principles including drawing, color theory, anatomy, lighting.
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of typography and graphic design
- Ability to work in a creative, collaborative, and often interrupted work environment
- Be a self-starter. As a resourceful and resilient self-starter, you'll thrive in a fast-paced environment where initiative and innovation are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional organizational, collaboration and communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in social games and/or Games as a Service
- Opportunity to do incredible work with a passionate team
- Learning opportunities and professional trainings
- Friendly and pleasant working environment
- Flexible working hours, adjusted to your lifestyle
- Private healthcare insurance
- Wellbeing webinars and weekly yoga sessions
- Team building events
- Great referral fees
- Coffee, fruit and snacks
- Check our Careers page for more information