Have you spent the past five years managing software engineers?
Do you have a proven track record of building teams that deliver complex software on-time and in-budget?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and work with some of the best engineers on the planet?
If so, we want to meet you!
Theorem (formerly Citrusbyte) is a team of craftspeople and experts who build amazing products and believe in cultivating a high degree of leadership in all of our people. We build medium and large-scale applications that solve our customers' business-critical problems.
As an experienced Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of 10 to 15 engineers operating in small squads of 4-5 engineers and work directly with Product, Research and Design teams as well as customer stakeholders and technical leads to build complex custom software applications.
While this is a remote friendly role, the engineering manager should expect to travel to client site one week per quarter on average.
Responsibilities and Duties
Strategy and Consulting
- Run and / or participate in project kick-offs.
- Work with your team to select and design the software architecture, tools and platforms used to deliver client projects.
- Define quality standards for client projects.
Hiring and Training
- Attract, nurture, coach, and retain talent.
- Ensure every assigned engineer has a career progression plan with regular check-in points and real-time feedback.
- Ensure engineers are provided with continuous and valuable learning opportunities.
- Contribute to determining engineering salary ranges and adjustments.
- Contribute to defining and building the vision for our engineering organization.
- Contribute to defining quality standards for our work.
- Contribute to creating training and learning material and opportunities for engineers.
Managing and Directing
- Talk to engineers to tease out concerns early, then fix them when possible.
- Resolve conflicts or performance problems with engineers.
- Embody the engineering culture and contribute to its advancement, inspiring everyone to live up to it.
- Maintainer and contributor to our company engineering internal and public artifacts such as our quality standards and guidelines.
- Represent the engineering organization with other departments and ensure we provide engineering support wherever necessary in the company.
- Support team happiness.
Engineering and Delivery
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the engineering output.
- Responsible for the continuous, iterative improvement of our engineering team.
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with product management teams to ensure we're building the best products.
- When necessary, act as Programmer, QA, Architect, PM, etc for short periods of time.