Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Join us and help us with our mission - to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer! Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or growing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
- design of embedded systems including object-oriented design, real-time systems, and hardware/software interfaces
- use modern code languages and design tools for low level interface, system test, and debug
- design and develop mixed hardware and software/firmware test units for validation and testing purposes
- participate in new product development and introduction (NPDI) projects
- identify, evaluate, and solve embedded system issues in both prototype and production systems
- maintain detailed records and documentation of all work carried out to preserve the intellectual property of the company
- support firmware lifecycle
- you should have an engineering or a science degree in technical field
- minimum of 2 years proven experience of embedded development either in industry or academic settings
- willingness to work in lab environments where the candidate will work with prototype hardware and instruments and may have to work with PCBs and electronics hardware in development stages.
- strong programming knowhow of C++
- at least basic experience with Python scripting
- knowledge of firmware development tools, Ethernet LAN and related debugging tools
- knowledgeable of different embedded communication buses (CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, serial)
- expertise with embedded Linux OS
- proficient in English
- traveling to Bremen, Germany may be occasionally required
- prior experience working with analytical devices
- understanding of schematic drawings
- flexible working schedule, 5 weeks of vacation and 3 sick days/year
- you will join a successful international company specialized in high-tech
- great working equipment: notebook of high quality, company phone and two monitors are our standard, further office equipment based on personal preferences
- meal allowance and company canteen with free fruit and vegetables
- free Multisport card
- annual bonus
- pension insurance allowance, possibility of life or health insurance for better prices
- personal mobile tariff for a friendly price
- possibility to grow in personal skills and professional language (e.g. free English lessons)
- modern work environment including relax zones, gym, outside playground and massages in the building
- open and friendly company culture
- we offer you casual meeting with team member/manager to discuss this opportunity in informal way to give you better understanding. Just let us know!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.