Are you an engineer with a passion for data and data pipelines? Are you a great collaborator and communicator, working across teams to solve complex problems? If so, we should talk. Our Marketplace team is looking for an innovative yet detail-oriented individual to set up, maintain, improve and optimise our daily production of data. In this role, you will work closely with both Data Scientists and other Data Engineers to continuously enhance our data-driven decision making. You have the option to start immediately in our brand new Düsseldorf Campus.What you will do:
- Design, implement and optimise data pipelines to produce clean and unified data from multiple data sources.
- Research technologies and build software to support the work of Data Scientists and other team members in their daily work.
- Act as an intermediary between Data Scientists and other Data Engineers: you will need to "translate" the technical and business jargon, and find new solutions for data processing challenges.
What you will definitely need:
- Good SQL skills. You are able to optimise queries executed in distributed systems by improving query plans and carefully thinking about data partitioning and compression.
- Experience with at least one other programming language in a data related context (e.g Python, Java). You can read, understand and improve other people's code.
- A highly analytical brain. You are able to experiment with new technologies and acquire new skills to find clever solutions to the unique challenges we will encounter along the way.
- Speak fluent English (our company language).
What we would love you to have:
- Around 1-2 years work experience in Analytics/Business Intelligence, Software Engineering/Web Development or another, role-relevant field.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with Hadoop stack (Oozie, Yarn, Hive, Impala, Spark).
- Familiarity with version control systems (particularly with Git).
- Familiarity with test driven software development.
Life at trivago is:
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the word of truth and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- Thriving on a campus that supports your health and happiness with world-class ergonomics, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.