Our Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users search for their ideal hotel at the best rate. We are looking for a versatile individual who is passionate about their craft and has the ambition to push technology forward. You will be a leader in the design, implementation and ownership of major modules and sub-systems. With your technical expertise, you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions. We offer an international, results-driven and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice.Your responsibilities:
- Build and maintain Java-based applications in the very heart of our Search Engine, processing millions of search requests every day, spread over multiple datacenters worldwide
- Play a leading role and take ownership in the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
- Be creative, challenge yourself and spread the word: contribute back to open source projects or open-source something yourself.
- Challenge and rethink ideas around our users' journey to their ideal hotel.
- Craft applications that scale from a local developer environment to global, hybrid, multi-cloud environment.
- Contribute your own improvement ideas from many different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, data processing, data storage, distributed computing, large-scale system design and many more.
- You hold a degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field or have equivalent experience.
- You are an awesome engineer that is more than comfortable writing at least one JVM language, most importantly Java, fluently.
- You have good understanding of the internals of the JVM, esp. around the topics of Garbage Collection, Memory and Threading.
- You have experience in designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code.
- You have excellent knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- You are an experienced user of NoSQL technologies, like Redis or Cassandra.
- You are fluent in English, our company language.
- You hold a master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
- You have good experience in building cloud native applications.
Life at trivago is:
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the word of truth and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- Thriving on a campus that supports your health and happiness with world-class ergonomics, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook - @lifeattrivago.
Additional information:trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.