Would you book a hotel without knowing anything about it? Neither would we! Here at trivago, we want to provide our users with the best and most relevant information to help them find the ideal hotel. To achieve this, our team is responsible to connect millions of hotels from many online booking sites to make our price comparison possible.We are looking for experienced, entrepreneurial Java Engineers to help build and maintain our infrastructure and to improve the quality of our accommodation matching results. You will join a team of passionate software engineers, data analysts and product owners to provide the foundation of our platform and help millions of daily users find their ideal hotel at the best rate.Are you up for the challenge? Read on and join our trivago Talent Community today!What you'll do:
- Be a part of our agile team to contribute to the development of our current platform.
- Build a scalable and high-performing system for automated and manual matches in the AWS cloud.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms to improve our matching algorithms.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in Java development.
- 2+ years of experience building systems in the AWS cloud.
- Experience in implementation of machine learning pipelines in production environment.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services: Lambda, Kinesis, S3, Aurora, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Glue, Redshift, SageMaker.
- You thrive when writing code and building solutions.
- You enjoy working in a team that prefers shared responsibility over individual achievement.
- You are driven by pragmatism and outcome, rather than perfectionism.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we'd love you to have:
- Proven experience in building software from initial concept to final delivery.
- Be passionate about sharing your experience and knowledge with other engineers.
- A portfolio of software projects you have worked on.
Life at trivago is:
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the word of truth and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Thriving on a campus that supports your health and happiness with world-class ergonomics, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.