Would you book a hotel without knowing anything about it? Neither would we! Here at trivago, we want to provide our users with the best and most relevant information to help them find the ideal hotel. To achieve this, we build highly scalable data pipelines in AWS to collect data about millions of hotels.We are looking for experienced, entrepreneurial Software Engineers to help build and maintain our data pipelines and deliver data to our internal teams. You will join a team of passionate software engineers, data analysts, and product owners to provide the foundation of our platform.Are you up for the challenge? Then read on and join our trivago Talent Community today!What you'll do:
- Be a part of our Identity Team to contribute to the development of our current platform.
- Build scalable and high-performance data pipelines in the AWS cloud.
- Use streaming technologies to provide our data to numerous teams within trivago.
- Actively increase knowledge about Amazon Web Services within the entire team.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, preferably Python.
- 1+ years of experience building systems in the AWS cloud.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services: Lambda, Kinesis, S3, DynamoDB, Glue, Redshift, Cloudformation.
- You thrive when writing code and building solutions.
- You enjoy working in a team that prefers shared responsibility over individual achievement.
- You are driven by pragmatism and outcome, rather than perfectionism.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we'd love you to have:
- Proven experience in building software from initial concept to final delivery.
- Experience in Machine Learning.
- A portfolio of software projects you have worked on.
Life at trivago is:
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the word of truth and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
What we need you to provide:In the 'My Experience' step of the application process please upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivation letter (including salary expectations)
- For non-EU citizens and if available: a copy of your work permit or visa
Looking forward to hearing from you!