The Source domain consists of roughly 30 people software engineers, data analysts, and project owners working in interdisciplinary teams in four different tech areas. Together we are responsible for ingesting, matching, consolidating, and delivering the accommodation to our product development teams. We are building the foundation of our platform and helps millions of daily users find their ideal hotel at the best rate.To find the exact match between accommodations our services are mostly Spring Boot applications and AWS Lambda functions coordinated with AWS Step Functions that run on AWS. Exchanging Data between teams within our domain is ensured with AWS Glue and Amazon Kinesis Data Streams. Kafka Cluster is used for data transfer between trivago areas. Amazon SageMaker is empowering our Data Scientist to build, train and deploy models aiming for better matching performance. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice apply now if you think you'd be a great fit!Get an inside look into tech at trivago:What you'll do:
- Be a part of our agile team to contribute to the development of our current Java-based platform.
- Build a scalable and high-performing system for automated and manual matches in the AWS cloud.
- Be involved in and take ownership of the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements.
- Design and implement together with our Data Scientist machine learning models to improve our matching algorithms.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in Java development.
- 2+ years of experience building systems in the AWS cloud.
- Experience in implementation of machine learning pipelines in production environment.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services:
- Step Functions
- You thrive when writing code and building solutions.
- You enjoy working in a team that prefers shared responsibility over individual achievement.
- You are driven by pragmatism and outcome, rather than perfectionism.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we'd love you to have:
- Proven experience in building software from initial concept to final delivery.
- Be passionate about sharing your experience and knowledge with other engineers.
- A portfolio of software projects you have worked on.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, subsidies for public transport, flat search, company pension and insurance.
- Tech Culture: A conference budget plus internal workshops, guilds, meet-ups and academies, as well as a MacBook Pro 15", a 30" wide-screen display, an adjustable desk, and a pair of Bose QuietComfort headphones for your time in the zone.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/