Do you have proven iOS app development credentials to match your passion for creating world-class products? trivago is determined to ensure their global hotel search platform gives users a mobile experience that is unrivaled! Our current team consists of six developers. We work with a modern codebase entirely written in Swift. The core of our App's architecture is based on our own Redux variation. We enjoy writing unit, integration and snapshot tests so that every layer of our architecture has good test coverage. Test build creation or releasing a new version to the App Store are fully automated with the help of our Continuous Integration pipeline running on CircleCI. We love to experiment with new ideas and share knowledge through regular pair programming, biweekly guild meetings as well as lunch and learn sessions. If all that sounds exciting to you, we're looking forward to hearing which initiatives you'll bring to the team!Get an inside look into tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Develop new product features for our iOS App.
- Closely collaborate on feature development with Product Owners, Designers and QA.
- Give and receive constructive feedback on code changes using Pull Requests.
- Exchange ideas and share your knowledge with the rest of the team and participate in pair programming.
What you'll need:
- Experience in iOS app development using Swift.
- Experience in dealing with iOS specific frameworks, design patterns and software architecture.
- To care about robust and maintainable code that has good test coverage.
- To be an excellent team player who believes great teamwork is at the heart of all great products.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a similar field.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we'd love you to have:
- Proficient shell scripting knowledge to extend our Continuous Integration Pipeline.
- Experience in a Redux based architecture.
- You can apply functional programming techniques in practice.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, subsidies for public transport, flat search, company pension and insurance.
- Tech Culture: A conference budget plus internal workshops, guilds, meet-ups and academies, as well as a MacBook Pro 15", a 30" wide-screen display, an adjustable desk, and a pair of Bose QuietComfort headphones for your time in the zone.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/