Big Data Engineer
London or Newbury
Vodafone UK is building a world class Big Data engineering team across London and Newbury to push the boundaries whilst creating next level customer experiences, and we're looking for talented and imaginative engineers to join us for exciting new Big Data Engineer roles.
We're enabling the Data Scientists community to create a premium customer experience using AWS, Scala, Spark, Python, Hadoop/Cloudera in an Agile delivery.
We'd be especially keen to hear from you if you want to bring your engineering ideas to life on solutions that process millions of interactions every day.
What will I be doing?
- Designing and producing high performing and stable applications to perform complex processing of massive volumes of data in a multi-tenancy Hadoop environment.
- Building end-to-end applications that make use of large volumes of source data from the operational systems and output insights back to business systems
- Building real-time data processing applications which are integrated with business systems to enable value from analytic models to drive rapid decision making
- Working with the Group Data Engineering team to integrate and deliver developed solutions.
We don’t believe in creating a tick list of buzzwords. In a nutshell we want pioneers. We want you to be inspired and enthusiastic about Big Data and Vodafone. We have no reason to be quiet. If you have a new idea or solution then say it, break the mould!
However, if you could also have experience to a few of the below, then that wouldn’t hurt either
- Experience with Hadoop distribution, (Cloudera or Hortonworks)
- The Hadoop ecosystem – including Hive, Map Reduce, Azkaban, Presto
- Strong software development experience in Scala/Python
- Experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in a Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience working on transformational projects
What can Vodafone offer you?
- Working in a fun, collaborate team of likeminded people.
- 28 Days holiday + bank holidays
- A Defined contribution pension, (we match your contribution of up to 10%)
- MyChoices - Vodafone’s benefits scheme which gives you the opportunity to choose a benefits package to suit your individual needs
- SMART working – 1 days working from home
- Award winning maternity/paternity leave