The Network Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organization values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners. The Network Administrator is also responsible for administration of the Office 365 environment as well as user access provisioning.
Description of Job Duties:
- Responsible for day to day hands-on operations of Windows and LINUX server and SAN technologies.
- Duties include installation, management, upgrade, monitoring, troubleshooting of the O/S and virtualized server environments. Additionally, candidate will be responsible for backup and restore operations as needed and will collaborate with the Applications, Database, Network and other support teams as required. Will be involved in server/storage capacity management and reporting as well as disaster recovery operation activities.
- Delivering hands-on expertise in Windows server management in a datacenter environment (2008, 2012, and 2016 Server) including an ability to develop and maintain PowerShell and/or VB scripts
- Hands-on VMware administration including virtual server management, template building, monitoring and design. Must be familiar with VMware vSphere/VCenter 5.x & 6.x environments, and SAN technologies; iSCSI and Fiber Channel
- Utilizing network/datacenter monitoring tools to analyze network, server, and storage devices, maintain up-time, generate usage reports, and spot trends. Escalate issues with broader implications for entire environment to the Technical Director.
- Creating and maintaining documentation and diagrams as needed when assets are added, updated, or removed.
- Connectivity troubleshooting for desktops, servers, and basic network issues
- Installs and tests necessary software and hardware. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds and work will occasionally require after hours and weekend work
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, system log files, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English using proper grammar and spelling.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Install, support and administer third-party applications including accounting and contact management
- Hands-on Windows Server Administration (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Hands-on VMWare vSphere 6.x and above
- Enterprise Anti-virus Deployment and monitoring
Strong working knowledge of:
- Micrsoft Office 365
- Micrsoft SQL Server Management
- PowerShell and/or VB Script Programming
- Secure gateways, firewalls, and switches.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Global Policy Management
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certifications (Current)
- VMWare Certification (Current)
- Cisco CCNA, a definite plus
- Medical, dental and vision offered
- 401k offered
- Paid vacations Paid holidays
- Direct deposit available
- Job Type: Full-time