ZAGENO is looking for a python developer to work with our talented and diverse team of 18 engineers here in Berlin.
Our online biotech marketplace, zageno.com, is doing very well and growing incredibly fast as well as our company.
By joining the tech team, you will help us deliver new functionalities, improve our architecture, and help us scale our platform and our team, without compromising on quality.
“Senior” is an abstract word. You are a senior to us if:
- You are a true python developer. You understand the pythonic way of writing things and different coding paradigms
- You must have used Python professionally for at least the last 5 years
- You have worked with Django
- You understand the ins and outs of what you are talking about. You don't settle for "well it works now", but try to understand why it works or why it doesn't.
- You can analyze, plan and execute major projects (e.g. features requiring 1-2 months of work)
- A code without unit tests gives you nightmares
You will find the team a great fit if:
- You understand that *trust* (goes both ways) is key for a healthy professional relationship with both your team and lead
- You are honest and a selfless player in a fair and selfless team. We will help you whenever you need, and we would expect you to do the same with us. It's not about you. It's about all of us (all for 1 and 1 for all)
- You bring your ideas to the table, and you stand your ground when you believe in them. But also, you give others the chance to discuss their ideas
- You are excited about pushing forward for code optimization, scalability, performance
Last, but not least, you are passionate and motivated about what you do and *why* you do it.
Some of the things you will experience and work with:
- Large-scale python development, deployment, and testing
- Automation (python + shell scripts) as key to qualitatively scaling our team
- A continuous delivery infrastructure on the cloud (Jenkins is our friend)
- How to store, perform queries & reports and manage big data on/to different data sources (ElasticSearch, Postgres, our data warehouse, ...)
- All of the technologies we use. While each of us focuses on specific areas, we help each other and learn from each other
Technologies & programming languages we use
Python 3.6, Postgres 9.6, ElasticSearch 5.3, Django 1.11, Redis 3.2, Less CSS and a super minimal JS library (a usable backend trumps a shiny frontend).
For more info, please drop us a note.
Compensation & Benefits
- "Competitive salary". To clarify what competitive is: we will offer you a salary based on your market rate.
- Your choice of hardware. Workstation or laptop? Debian or OSX? DAS Keyboard? We got you covered with whatever helps you get your work done.
- Flexitime, the real deal: after the first 3 months you can work from home 20% of the time (1 day a week) and, after the first 6 months, we can decide on a work routine that better fits with you and our office communication needs. After the first 6 months, we can decide a work routine that better fits with your likes (and our office communication needs).
What you'll find at ZAGENO:
- Welcoming English speaking international team of 60 people from more than 16 countries
- The possibility to work together with some of the most talented minds in IT, Science, Business and Marketing
- The opportunity to grow into your role and to develop a career with the company
- An amazing new and spacious office in the center of Kreuzberg
- The usual cool stuff: free drinks, coffee - I mean proper coffee! - team events, etc. (and donuts!)
Looking forward to your CV!