Descripción del trabajo
We are looking for US-based Senior and Staff level engineers to join our team. Base salary range is $140,000 to $200,000. These are fully remote positions. Read on to learn more! About Us
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~70 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We open sourcing our code and ideas on our GitHub and onThe Making of Close, our behind-the-scenes Product & Engineering blog. Check out our projects like SocketShark, TaskTiger, LimitLion and ciso8601. About You
We’re looking for high achieving full-time Software Engineers to join our engineering team. Someone who has interest and a good understanding in web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
You're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You're able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
- Senior/Staff level candidates should have 5+ years experience building modern back-end systems. Mid-level candidates should have ~3 years of similar experience and be eager to level up with the right opportunity.
- Python experience is preferred but experience in other languages is acceptable if you have a desire to work with Python.
- You have hands-on production experience working with MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, or similar data stores.
- You have experience designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing systems to make them fast and reliable.
- You have participated in code reviews and provided overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
- You care about the craftsmanship of the code and systems you produce.
- Located in the USA. Not in the US? Check out this job post for our non-US BE position.
Bonus point if you have…
- Contributed open source code related to our tech stack
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Worked with complex architectures that support multiple APIs (e.g. REST, GQL, WebSockets) as well as async task and event processing frameworks
Come help us with projects like...
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Improving the performance and scalability of our GraphQL andREST API.
- Improving how we sync millions of sales emails and calendar events each month
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving our Elastic search-backed powerful search features
- Improving our internal messaging infrastructure using streaming technologies like Kafka and Redis
- Building new and enhancing existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google’s G Suite, Zapier, and Web Conferencing providers
Why work with us?
- Culture video
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative ️
- Our story and team
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS -- Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day of meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful. Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/close-senior-staff-software-engineer-backend-python-usa-100-remote