Descripción del trabajo
Hi, thanks for reading about our Senior Backend Engineer
opportunity! We're glad you're here.
Did you know that Knack is and has always been a 100% remote company? We started as a remote company so we know what it takes to ensure the success of a distributed team.
Knack is a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to easily build custom apps, workflows, and databases.
We need a brilliant backend engineer to help us meet the enormous challenges around managing complex data with speed, reliability, and security.
We're looking for applicants that are opinionated about what matters to them and want to join a fun, passionate, close-knit crew of high-quality human beings that, above all, enjoy working together. Hopefully, that's you!Please note - We are unable to sponsor visas at this time
In this role, you will:
- Leverage Node.js to craft clean, maintainable, extensible, secure code
- Dive deep into data persistence challenges using PostgreSQL to optimize for speed, performance, and reliability.
- Drive innovative problem solving on challenging engineering problems, including: Distributed Caching, Object version control / history, Real-time concurrency, and Performance optimizations
- Refactor and modernize areas of the codebase, with an eye towards increasing maintainability, performance, and rapid iteration
- Collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders to enable well-informed business decision-making by: Bringing appropriate information to discussions, Clarifying scope and accurately presenting tradeoffs, Clearly communicating potential scope changes and alternatives along with associated pros / cons
- Be an inspiring and supportive teammate by participating in PR reviews, pair programming, active feedback, idea generation, teaching, learning, and generally being a delightful human being.
We're looking for someone who is:
- A problem solver. You aren't afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
- Passionate about turning complex business requirements into elegant software that delights users.
- Flexible. When given a UX spec and requirements, you are able to achieve the resulting behavior, look and feel, as well as the associated APIs to drive the backend data.
- Experienced as a meaningful contributor to a data-driven architecture at scale.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- Data: Both SQL and NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch
- DevOps & Deployment: All things AWS, Jenkins, Github
- Testing: Playwright, Mocha, Jest
- Front-end: Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS
The biggest benefit of Knack is getting to work alongside our awesome team of Knackleheads. We're a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that, above all, enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either, though:
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You'll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- 401(k): we give you the option to automatically deduct funds from your pay to stash them away for your golden years (currently non-matching, but stay tuned!)
- Equal opportunity and Diversity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company--we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. That's why we're proud to be an inclusive company with vales grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
- Learning Credits - An annual allowance is provided to stay on top of your game with classes, books, and conferences.
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook.
- Referral Bonus: we think you're great which means you know awesome people! we offer a referral bonus to anyone you refer for an open position once they are hired as an official Knackster!
- Workstation Allowance: we want your work from home space to have everything you need! we offer a workstation allowance to help with that!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/knack-senior-backend-engineer-js-sql-aws-us-remote